Also see Singles Discussion and Singles Organizations.
- It is simply impossible to meet people whom you might consider dating by staying at home alone. Even if you use online dating you will eventually have to go out to meet those dating candidates.
- Finding the perfect someone means that you will have to filter out many candidates. It is hard work. Yes, you will be rejected and you will also reject others. That is how it works.
- Honesty is important. Dishonesty will only lead to painful rejections when the truth comes out. If you find someone you care about let them love you for being the real you.
- Search out singles groups where you live and attend their activities. These groups may include nature, political, business, age specific, religious, ethnic and other kinds of organizations.
- Think positively. The more positive you are about yourself, the more attractive you will become to others.
- There is someone for everyone. Even prison inmates convicted of violent crimes find people who will love and marry them, so what is your excuse.
- If you set up dates online, always arrange to meet in a public place such as a bar or restaurant. If you are a woman, it is wise to bring a female friend with you for the first meeting. You should never accept an invitation to meet an unknown date at their residence on the first date.
- Always split the bill on the first date. That way the other person will not have the excuse to feel that you owe them something, like sex.
- If you go to a bar on your first few dates, do not get drunk. In fact, staying sober should be your number one objective. You will need a sharp mind to help you make decisions about your date.
- Do not accept drugs from your date. If you think this is overly cautious Google date rape drugs.
- Always use condoms until both of you are tested for sexually transmitted diseases, especially AIDs. It is your responsibility to provide the condoms regardless of your gender.
- Always start a conversation by asking the other person about themselves. Encourage them to tell their story.
- If you are concerned that dates whom you have rejected may annoy you with unwanted calls, buy a cheap cell phone with a cheap prepaid plan and use that as your dating phone. Never give out your work number to someone you have only met once.
Online Dating Articles
- Online dating feeling less attractive. By Shaheen Pasha. "NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Initially considered the last resort for the socially stunted, online dating has shrugged off its social stigma and emerged as a mainstream means for singles to find that special someone." CNN/Money.
- The Truth about Online Dating. By Robert Epstein. "The hype is huge, and the findings are somewhat disturbing--but the future of online dating looks good. Scientific American."
- Why You'll Never Find Real Love Online. "A former scientist behind Match.com tells all." marie claire.